The role of Research Projects staff in CSIRO is to collaborate in scientific and technological activities with other research staff. This may include detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental, observational, or technology development work, and carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.In your role as Software Engineer – ATNF Web Master and Data Management, you will be a part of the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) Software and Computing Group. This group is responsible for developing and maintaining all the software that is critical to the efficient operations of the radio telescopes.
- Maintain and support the existing ATNF website content infrastructure, incl. web security.
- Provide support and assistance to ASKAP users on data management and general user support.
- Design, develop and adapt software and/or user experience, requiring high levels of initiative, ingenuity and skills (some of which are outside a single discipline).
- Develop and maintain the ATNF Science Data Archives and related web applications.
- Collaborate with staff from other teams to meet their objectives as required.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Proficiency with Java and Python
- Knowledge in web authentication and security
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders and users on software requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a software team.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, and git
- Experience with container technologies like Docker
- Experience or interest in astronomy
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software and Web Development.
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Drupal (including module development)
- Experience in developing and maintaining full stack web applications, including:
- Experience with web technologies and standards
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A