The Bolton Research Scientist is Australia’s longest standing prize fellowship, and provides an outstanding opportunity for research in Australia. As the Bolton Research Scientist, you will be well supported to build upon your strong emerging career as an independent researcher. You will engage in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research, through to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. In this prestigious early career role, you will undertake independent research and/or development in any area relevant to the Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF) observational capabilities.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out independent research investigations.
- Undertake experimental and/or observational research activities, often requiring the supervision and/or training of others.
- Write scientific papers for publication and present results at major conferences.
- Enhance and support the ATNF and undertake innovative, impactful astrophysics research of strategic importance to CSIRO.
- Recognise opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus a proven ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- A doctorate in Astronomy, Astrophysics or a related discipline.
- Research experience and expertise in Radio Astronomy.
- The aptitude to initiate and lead a research project using, or related to, ATNF telescopes and instrumentation.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parkes, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A