We are seeking a passionate and multi-skilled BPC planning expert to join the team and lead our financial planning technical capability. This role will suit someone with deep technical knowledge of developing financial models in the SAP environment. CSIRO’s current planning environment is an on-premise SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) 11.1 application, backed by SAP BW/4HANA, our business data warehouse. However, the organisation is preparing to transition to SAP Analytics Cloud Planning in the near future.
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for CSIRO’s financial planning capability. Liaising where needed with planning software vendors to keep abreast of their product offerings and capabilities. Within broad guidelines develop strategic and operational plans for the planning capability, having significant independence of action.
- Liaise with the SAP FICO team to coordinate support for CSIROs financial planning models, providing 2nd and 3rd level support for these models when required.
- Liaise with external developers to coordinate the development and support for any externally developed planning models, ensuring that development follows CSIROs technical standards and best-practices.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to determine the requirements for planning models and ensure that those requirements map to the available functionality of planning tools.
- Liaise with the Reporting Technical Lead, to establish and maintain the technical, security, data standards and best-practices relevant to planning models.
- Undertake model development work for any planning models that are developed in-house, or for model enhancements that can be managed in-house.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience working with SAP BW in order to manage and administer BPC planning data models and assets.
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in software development, software engineering or computer science, or a financial modelling discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with Excel based planning workbooks, including a proficiency with planning model scripting in VBA.
- Demonstrated experience designing dimensional data-models to support planning models in a SAP BPC / SAP BW/4HANA environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with business stakeholders to analyse and understand their planning requirements, and to translate those requirements into robust and supportable planning models.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A