Taking direct accountability for the Serology (Avian Diseases) and Bacteriology teams within the ACDP Animal Diagnostics Program, you will have an important frontline leadership role in CSIRO’s Operating Model. With significant capacity (e.g: 40%) directed to operational and capability management, you will also maintain an active involvement in business development and in your own science career, including deployment to lead projects within the Program or across CSIRO.
- An established reputation and credibility in avian infectious disease research.
- Evidence of effective research leadership and delivery, at the scale of a large Research Group.
- The ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent.
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as virology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and effective relationship management.
- The ability to lead individual and groups of projects of scale and/or complexity, and manage financial and project performance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A