The team is a centralised engineering group whose purpose is to streamline CSIRO’s research process by providing design, manufacture, and implementation services to develop equipment and systems to perform scientific research. The group focuses on the following areas: engineering, design, mechanical manufacture, electrical, electronics, documentation, robotics, automation, software, controls, machine and electrical safety, maintenance, repair, and project management.
- Ensure all necessary codes, standards, and practices are followed, working in a safer manner according to CSIRO, CBIS, and Engineering Services policies.
- Maintaining relationships across CBIS Engineering Groups and the wider CBIS team, as well as CSIRO management and teams.
- Contributing to initiatives to strive for continued improvements related to cost, quality, compliance, capability, and customer service.
- Working with customers to develop the best design and outcome for their research and deliver on time.
- Contributing to current projects, including input on design and fabrication, fabricating and machining, or fit parts as necessary.
- Able to communicate with team members and customers using a positive attitude.
- Behaviours: A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to effectively manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously and carry out non-routine tasks under general direction.
- Problem Solving: Proven ability to investigate routine problems by identifying and considering the implications of a range of available alternative solutions.
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma; must be fully qualified with trades certificate and craftsman certificate for Engineering Machinist or equivalent.
- Ability to provide technical input and engage in technical interchange with researchers on the mechanical design, prototyping, development, manufacture and installation of mechanisms and equipment relating to research systems.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to investigate problems, identify issues and risks, and provide alternative solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on fabrication, assembly, disassembly, adjustment, measurement, troubleshooting and repair of complex mechanisms and machinery.
- Demonstrated experience in performing machining, milling, lathe turning, grinding and related tasks and to fabricate parts per engineering designs using various materials under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in machining with a sound knowledge of cutting speeds and feed rates for a range of materials and applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A