CSIRO Future Science Platforms (FSPs) address future scientific challenges for Australia. They are an investment in science that underpins innovation that has the potential to help (re)invent and create new industries. FSPs support research teams that integrate science and delivery over the long term, looking to the future science needs of CSIRO and Australia, along with our external partners and stakeholders.
- Engagement & Partnerships: Build strategic relationships with national and international stakeholders; lead the production of quality scientific papers for publication and/or presentation; communicate effectively and respectfully with staff, customers and partners in the interest of good practice, collaboration, and enhancing CSIRO’s reputation.
- Capability Leadership: Build and support research capability and professional development of scientists; attract, develop and support world class talent; resource planning; build effective teams aligned with the science platform; strive for ‘Zero Harm’ (physical and psychological) and actively promote a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable workplace.
- Impact Science Leadership: Provide leadership to the FSP to generate excellent science to create impact on the economy and environment; set the R&D strategy; lead a portfolio of research projects to deliver capability & IP to CSIRO, customers & stakeholders; influence and collaborate across the organisation and the greater innovation system.
- Resource Leadership: Lead and manage the Program’s financial resources, people, infrastructure and other assets; ensure effective management of physical infrastructure and resources in an environmentally sustainable way; ensure best practice governance, and management of commercial activities and intellectual property in the platform.
- Evidence of successful development, initiation, and leadership of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster creativity in and across multidisciplinary teams.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Engineering Biology, Biological Data Science or equivalent in a relevant field, combined with significant experience in an area relevant to biological engineering or biobased production systems research.
- E stablished reputation and credibility in the biological sciences domain with evidence of effective world‐class science, through publication, research and/or innovation leadership.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows collaboration, new research partnerships and develops opportunities for future outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of scientific and logistical challenges associated with the building of a platform area of new research.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A