We are looking for an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person to join our team as an Engagement Officer to be a driving force of inclusion in a new STEM recognition program, with a key focus on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and communities.CSIRO is delivering a new STEM engagement program over five years, launching in 2022, which aims to celebrate and recognise the application of STEM by diverse cohorts.
- Developing learning materials and resources for the program, including event and training materials.
- Working collaboratively with the team, develop and co-design Indigenous program elements and establishing delivery relationships at local levels with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop and coordinate activities for students, including face to face and virtual workshops, guest events, site visits and other experiences.
- Delivering program activities in close collaboration with internal and external program teams; engaging with diverse cohorts of students, teachers, schools and other organisations to enable them to join the program.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO scientific objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated project coordination skills and experience in managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines, as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and flexibility.
- A tertiary qualification in education, STEM, project management or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills with proven experience giving presentations, writing reports for and engaging with a range of stakeholders and audiences.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A