CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Functional Test Analyst within the CSIRO IM&T Information Services Applications Team to assist in the implementation and support of new and existing data and information management software applications.The range of testing activities to be undertaken will include: functional, regression, system, and integration testing. Plans will need to be prepared to describe, explain and schedule the anticipated testing approach. Test reports are to be produced in tandem with key product releases to advise on the outcomes and recommendations associated with testing activities.
- Contribute to the evolution of the services the Information Services Applications team provides.
- Advise senior management on issues requiring attention and implement management decisions.
- Undertake test analysis, planning, execution and reporting tasks in support of a range of project activities.
- Respond to production issues and routine maintenance activities as required.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the business unit and across CSIRO, to reach objectives.
- Contribute positively to stimulate and promote a team approach and develop sound working relationships with application users and business owners.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary project teams and communicate with staff and clients at all levels.
- A focus on discovery and access of research data;
- High throughput requirements for relational & file-based data processing.
- Significant data scale/magnitude (i.e. Terabytes, Petabytes).
- A focus on discovery and access of research data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience working in and/or exposure to an Agile-Scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated experience conducting functional, integration, and regression testing as a sole testing resource as well as working within a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in testing analysis techniques, processes and methodologies including software test tools.
- 3+ years’ experience in testing software applications coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience testing both front-end and back-end web application systems with
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A