Website Federal Court
The Courts are seeking highly capable candidates who are enthusiastic, driven and motivated to assist in achieving the Courts’ objectives and perform the key functions of an Indigenous Family Liaison Officer. The Courts have demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in relation to the Courts’ core family law-related business of resolving or determining family disputes. This recruitment is an exciting opportunity to be involved in important family law court reforms that will lead to significant benefits for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander litigants and children through improved safety outcomes and minimising delays.
- Attending Court Children’s Service events and providing assistance to ensure that litigants and other significant persons are able to fully participate in these events;
- Providing support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identifying litigants in family law matters by way of:
- Explaining the importance of attending and participating in Court hearings to litigants;
- Attending Court hearings and explaining court processes and requirements to litigants;
- Assisting litigants to file documents;
- Attending dispute resolution events or any other events in the Courts’ case management pathway to ensure that litigants and other significant persons are able to fully participate in these events;
- Addressing the Judge during Court events to explain the practical difficulties which a litigant may be facing in a matter;
- Connecting litigants to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander litigants to legal and other community based services;
- Reporting to the Courts’ Committees for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander litigants; and
- Liaising with Independent Children’s Lawyers (where appointed in a matter).
Company: Federal Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A