Website Federal Court
The Court is seeking highly capable candidates who are enthusiastic, driven and motivated to assist in achieving the Courts’ objectives and performing the key functions of a family law Judicial Registrar.
- Case management and triaging of matters at various stages of the litigation pathway
- Assisting with the formulation of legal policy within the court, including in support of various Court Committees, and with the implementation of policies on a national basis
- Performing delegated judicial functions at a high level, including presiding in Court, conducting dispute resolution, duty lists, and case management
- Playing an important role locally and nationally in implementing the Courts’ reform agenda, together with delivering Government initiatives related to the family law courts, and
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders in areas of Registrar practice.
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of culturally appropriate engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities (for candidates interested in roles responsible for the management of Indigenous Family Liaison Officers).
- The ability to exercise judicial discretion in an appropriate manner: capacity to preside in court and exercise delegated powers and functions pursuant to sections 98 and 254 of the FCFCOA Act.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate large volumes of information, prioritise matters appropriately and exercise sound judgment in decision-making in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly developed communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to represent the Courts at a senior level, when interacting with the public and legal profession, and the ability to influence behaviour and attitudes at all levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- A demonstrated experience and understanding of family violence and other risk factors as they impact vulnerable parties and children in the Court system (for candidates interested in a role involving the management of the implementation of the expanded Lighthouse model to family law registries nationally under the new case management pathway).
- Demonstrated experience in, or the ability to conduct, mediations and case management.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding, or ability to acquire such knowledge quickly, of the relevant family law legislation; and the jurisdiction and practices and procedures of the FCFCOA.
- Demonstrated experience in civil litigation and practice in superior courts of Australia, with a thorough understanding of litigation processes and strategies, including key steps in the case management of matters.
Company: Federal Court
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A