Website Sunshine Coast Council
The Digital Information Services branch delivers agile and transformative information and technology, enabling council to be a leader in providing innovative and sustainable services to its communities.
The Senior Security Analyst is part of the team responsible for the design and implementation of Council’s computing security infrastructure ensuring ICTS security and risk strategies are aligned to Council and Corporate needs, researching industry trends, emerging technologies and standards and implementing these where appropriate.
- Responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of security infrastructure with reference to Queensland Government IS27001.
- Support the implementation of technical controls to implement ACSC Essential 8 controls in the Council environment.
- Develop and implement security policies and design and configure technology controls to ensure that Council’s information assets are protected from accidental or malicious damage.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and solutions to all Digital Information Services staff and relevant business stakeholders in security management and reducing risk to Council.
- Review all information technology related initiatives to ensure they comply with Council policies and practices.
- Provide support and mentor staff regarding security issues and actions to minimise risk to the organisation.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of technical security controls and the ability to identify threats and vulnerabilities related to information assets.
- Possess strong communication and coordination skills in forums such as working groups, committee meetings, and stakeholder interactions.
- Have an ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on ICT, cyber security and cyber risk trends, emerging technologies, and implement these intiatives where appropriate.
Company: Sunshine Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nambour, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A