Website Coffs Council
This position reports to the Team Leader Building and Development Compliance, playing a key part in establishing a customer-driven building and development compliance service that is prompt, reliable and professional. As a Senior Compliance Officer, you will provide compliance and enforcement oversight of public and private land use to benefit residents and visitors of Coffs Harbour in accordance with relevant Acts, Statutes and Council policies.
- Deliver on the priorities set by the Section Leader Compliance & Regulatory Enforcement.
- Undertake the customer focussed delivery of building and development compliance and associated functions including but not limited to incident and complaint management,
- Undertake investigations and prosecutions and represent Council in legal proceedings when required and act as Council’s advocate before the Local Court, Land and Environment Court and in other court matters as directed.
- Undertake the proactive review of building fire safety and completed Development Consents to ascertain and initiate compliance actions as required.
- Promote and develop a building and development compliance service that is prompt, reliable, professional and customer driven.
- Assist in the identification, implementation and championing of e business service.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment including its practical application relevant to the position.
- Strong capability to prepare and write reports, investigation material and associated legal documents
- Demonstrated high level capability to undertake effective negotiation and mediation
- Demonstrated keyboard and computer skills
Company: Coffs Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A