Website City of Cockburn
Being the best place to be, is more than just words here at the City of Cockburn. In a world of uncertainty, we need to create and sustain a safe working environment, one that drives continuous improvement, embraces design, compliance and proactively promotes a zero-harm culture.
- Inspire and influence safety behaviours at all levels
- Turn complex and technical safety information into easy to understand communication and actionst
- Multitasking expert – you thrive when you have multiple tasks, safety investigations, projects and stakeholders all seeking your attention
- Can apply creative and well developed problem solving skills and resources
- Undertake research, analyses issues and recommends options based on contemporary safety practices
- Provide internal advisory services in relation to injury prevention, injury management and workers compensation matters.
- Design and deliver safety and wellbeing focused projects across the City that aim to care and protect our people
- Lead our zero-harm safety culture and leadership initiatives across the City using innovative approaches and frameworks.
- Collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders in relation to injury prevention and programs that aims to reduce incidents and injuries
Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace Health and Safety, Injury Management or similar level of experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Legislation, procedures and claims processing
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of workers’ compensation and injury management services across a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of safety management systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and influencing abilities.
- Experience in reporting, identifying trends and developing strategies to mitigate risk and deliver preventative safety management.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery workplace health and safety programs and wellbeing initiatives, through well measured and executed
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A