Website Clarence Valley Council
We have a vacancy in our Buildings and Facilities team for a Senior Field Operator (Buildings and Facilities). This role will be exposed to a variety of building maintenance tasks to be carried out on Councils diverse building portfolio and will liaise with a range of community stakeholders. Works which will include general building maintenance, painting, concreting, assisting in project planning and liaising with contractors. You will be required to use our electronic works scheduling system and complete the required documentation and record-keeping.
- Undertake general maintenance and building construction activities to ensure the cost efficient delivery of service and provide a safe working environment for employees and the public.
- Liaise with, engage and supervise contractors for a range of general maintenance and minor projects in accordance with Councils Procurement Policy.
- Undertake construction and general maintenance works including carpentry, internal linings, painting, basic concreting etc. and ensure works are carried out to a quality standard and within budget.
- Assist with the collection of building and facilities asset condition information and data and convey information regarding the strategy of Council’s building assets when required.
- To utilise Councils electronic systems to schedule and monitor works requirements, collate data, to respond to and complete work orders and defects.
- Respond to out of hours emergency works and provide direction to service providers in accordance with the Building and Facilities team on-call roster and on-call procedures.
- Undertake works in accordance with all quality, environmental and Work Health & Safety requirements, completing all appropriate documentation, pre-start checks and site inductions in accordance with WH&S Legislation and Council policies and procedures.
- Certificate III in Carpentry or equivalent and/or Builder’s Licence; or equivalent relevant industry experience
- WHS Construction Induction Training Certificate (NSW); or equivalent recognised in NSW
- Demonstrated work supervisory skills, including the ability to lead and motivate staff, and to resolve conflict
- Communication skills including the ability to liaise with the public and contractors both verbally and electronically.
- Demonstrated experience is undertaking and adhering to WH&S functions in a construction environment including risk assessments, SWMS and undertaking toolbox talks.
- Demonstrated computer skills and the ability to adapt to and utilise Councils electronic work order and finance systems.
Company: Clarence Valley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Clarence, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A