Website City of Unley
The Assistant to the Mayor is role is responsible for providing confidential and professional support to the Mayor and ensuring the efficient flow of administrative and governance processes through the Mayor’s Office. This position takes direction from the Mayor but formally reports to the Manager Governance.
- Residents, Members of Parliament, Local, State and Federal Government representatives, Elected Members and Council staff.
- Undertaking a range of research and project work to enhance understanding of political and community issues and support informed decision making.
- Providing professional support ensuring efficient and effective management of communication to and from the Mayor’s Office and professional interaction with:
- Providing administrative support including, travel arrangements, event coordination (civic functions) and provision of hospitality to Mayoral guests.
- Ability to use political acumen/nous in all interactions, whilst being able to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Analytical, research and problem-solving skills including the recommendation of appropriate solutions and preparation of reports or responses to enquiries.
- Knowledge of the Local Government sector and Council’s operations, services, and facilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and other technologies.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Well-developed organisation and planning skills to establish priorities, manage workloads and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Relevant qualifications or demonstrated experience in similar role.
- Experience in Local Government (desirable).
Company: City of Unley
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Unley Park, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A