Website City of Darebin
Darebin Council’s Arts Precincts Unit is seeking experienced, proactive, and friendly Casual Venue Services Officers who will be responsible for assisting the Presenter Services team deliver all front of house and bar support for the Arts Precincts activities, including performances and events, with exceptional customer service to our community and patrons.
- Provide friendly, focused and flexible customer service that is prompt, accurate, courteous and consistent to clients, customers and patrons
- Respond positively to enquiries and requests in a calm and professional manner
- Assist with venue tasks as required, including box office / reception duties where required
- Act as a member of the FOH/bar team for events held in Arts Precinct facilities
- Act as FOH and/or Bar staff as required according to procedures, ensuring food handling and FOH policies and practices, and Liquor Licensing laws and the requirements of responsible serving of alcohol are complied with
- Attend FOH briefings and participate in Acknowledgement of Country, pre-event evacuation scenarios, and undertake Warden position as part of shift
- Ensure the Venue is safe, clean, attractive and welcoming
- Communicate any issues, incidents, feedback or suggestions through the appropriate channels.
- Assist to reconcile and monies from bar, tickets, EFTPOS and floats
- Proactively adhere to compliance requirements, and assist patrons, with COVID-marshalling duties in accordance with Victorian State Government regulations and Darebin Council processe.
- A working knowledge of front-of-house equipment used for performing arts, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, meetings and functions.
- A knowledge of evacuation/emergency procedures, fire regulations and safety issues.
- An ability to understand security requirements for public buildings and a commitment to implementing security procedures and practices.
- Bilingual skills would be an advantage.
- At least one year’s experience in face-to-face customer service delivery, cash handling and food and beverage operations.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the customer service requirements of a place of public entertainment or public events.
- Previous experience working in a community, cultural, arts, hospitality or entertainment industry venue, particularly in customer service or similar roles.
- Experience in a cultural facilities environment
Company: City of Darebin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Darebin, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A