Website City of Cockburn
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a variety of exciting development projects, including Cockburn Central and Port Coogee, where the successful applicant will be exposed to a mix of low to high density residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Process building plans/applications.
- Under the general direction of the Manager Building Services supervise and provide guidance to the Building Surveyors, Trainee Building Surveyor, Development Compliance Officer and all administrative support
- Issue Building Permits and Certificates of Design Compliance (subject to appropriate qualifications) utilising the City’s on line Building Application system.
- Check and issue Building Permits/Certificates of Design Compliance for other Building Surveyors/Trainee Building Surveyor/s (as directed) under delegated authority of Council.
- Process Demolition Permit Applications and issue Permits under delegation of council and the direction of the Manager Building Services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Building Code of Australia, Residential Design Codes, Australian Standards and Building Regulations 2012.
- Sound understanding of the Building Act 2011.
- Sound understanding of operation of Local Laws and the Strata Titles Act.
- A sound knowledge of administration procedures.
- A sound understanding and application of EEO & OH&S responsibilities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including well developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- A proven positive attitude to learning and maintaining contemporary computer skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a Building Surveyor Building Surveying Qualification: Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent.
- Experience in dealing with building developments/applications of a complex nature
- Issue Building Permits and Certificates of Design Compliance (subject to appropriate qualifications) under delegated authority of Council.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A