Website City of Cockburn
Team ARC is currently looking for experienced and motivated Netball, Basketball and Futsal (Soccer) Umpires to ensure our extensive sports program is of the highest standard and our members receive an exceptional customer experience at Cockburn ARC.
- Officiate sporting events, games and competitions. Anticipate play and choose a position where you can see the action, assess the situation, and determine any violations of the rules.
- Judge performances in sporting competitions to determine a winner.
- Inspect sports equipment and examine all participants to ensure safety.
- Keep track of event times, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Signal participants and other officials when infractions occur or to regulate play or competition.
- Settle claims of infractions or complaints by participants.
- Enforce the rules of the game and assess penalties when necessary.
- Champions the City of Cockburn values, ensuring that behaviour reflective of the City of Cockburn values is encouraged and rewarded.
- Updated knowledge of current by-laws for specific sports competitions.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- A passion for improving our member’s health and wellbeing.
- A motivated, friendly and engaging nature.
- Drive to deliver our service vision “outstanding service people talk about
- Experience in umpiring / refereeing of netball, basketball or futsal.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A