Website City of Charles Sturt
Working as part of a dynamic team, you will be a primary contact for customers with enquiries on rates whilst proactively maintaining the integrity and accuracy of rates assessment records. You will need to demonstrate a strong customer focus to provide a value-added service to our customers.
- Create all new rating records in accordance with information provided by the Valuer General.
- Ensure Council’s valuations are balanced against records provided by the Valuer General.
- Process weekly supplementary reports and objections as well as maintain relevant alerts and associated data integrity reporting
- Ensure rate notices are distributed in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Ensure the rates assessment record and name and address register accurately reflects changes advised by relevant stakeholders.
- Process rate receipts, reversals, re-allocations downloads, refunds rate rebates and remissions ensuring compliance with Councils Rating Policy.
- Monitor rates credit balances and action in line with procedures and/or policy
- Maintain and continuously improve an efficient debt collection process to ensure all outstanding rates are followed up.
- Create and maintain rates direct debit requests including associated correspondence & Reconciliation of relevant invoicing e.g Debt collection and Land Services SA
- Waive rates fines and interest as per delegations
- Process and maintain accurate Certificate of Liabilities for rates
- Maintain accurate electronic rate registrations and records
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate information in a clear, concise & timely manner.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience in the maintaining and reporting on data
- Knowledge of Legislation relevant to rating and a property environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work load.
- Ability to work effectively as part of and contribute to a team.
- Effective time management to facilitate organisation and prioritisation of deadlines
Company: City of Charles Sturt
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charles Sturt, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A