Website Boroondara Council
Reporting to the Coordinator Waste Operations, this is an opportunity to drive heavy combination vehicles, operate Council plant and equipment to assist in maintaining, cleaning, receiving, and transporting waste/recycle material from the Boroondara Recycle and Waste Centres at Riversdale Depot.
- You will have a high attention to detail with the ability to assess and prioritise works
- Drive vehicles requiring a heavy combination license
- Operate Councils Backhoe/Loader, Articulated Loader, Forklift and various plant and equipment to load and unload goods / materials including waste, hard waste, recycle and food organic / green waste materials in accordance with approved procedures
- Clean and maintain the Waste and Recycle centres
- Ensure that the vehicle is correctly weighed at the Transfer Station, the Landfill and is within legal limits
- Assist customers to deposit waste and recycle material at the Waste and Recycle centres
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check and have a current Working with Children Clearance.
- All local government employees must be fully vaccinated to perform work outside of their place of residence. Appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to provision of evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencement
- Demonstrated experience driving a heavy combination vehicle and in the use of a range of mechanical plant (essential).
- Oral communication skills to enable effective interaction with residents, supervisors and other employees (essential).
- Knowledge of safe lifting and manual handling practices (essential).
- Competent written communication skills satisfactory to complete daily work records (essential)
Qualification & Experience:
- Australian driver’s license to drive a heavy combination vehicle (essential).
- Physical ability to undertake manual labour (essential).
- License for Backhoe / Front end loader, forklift and crane chaser (desirable)
Company: Boroondara Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Camberwell, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A