Website Cessnock Council
Are you looking for that next step career goal? An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced professional to join our motivated Development Services team in the position of Planning Assessment Officer. This position will play a key role in actively providing efficient and effective service in relation to the assessment of applications and a range of development control functions to ensure that the unit achieves Council’s objectives.
- Process Development Applications, Section 4.55 and Section 8.2 Applications, in accordance with statutory requirements and Council’s codes and policies;
- Provide written and verbal advice regarding land use, zoning, planning legislation, and Council’s policies and procedures;
- Represent Council in meetings with developers and their representatives in regard to development proposals and preparation of applications; and
- Carry out assigned reviews and revisions of relevant documents in respect of Council’s development assessment function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the development assessment process;
- Demonstrated well-developed written and verbal communications skills;
- Degree in town planning, or currently undertaking studies in town planning (Bachelors Degree minimum) with experience/knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and associated legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to accept challenges and succeed in a rapidly changing environment; and
Current Class C unrestricted drivers licence.
Company: Cessnock Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cessnock, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A