Website Cessnock Council
Cessnock Waste Management Centre has an excellent leadership opportunity for a qualified and experienced individual with strong communication and leadership skills to join our team as the Waste Services Coordinator.
In this position you will coordinate Council’s waste management services including the general waste kerbside collection service (and related support services) and Council’s waste facility, Cessnock Waste Management Centre. You will also provide operational, technical, environmental and compliance expertise/support in all aspects of waste management service provision and landfill operations.
- Coordination of the Waste Management Centre compliance monitoring and reporting; as per the Environmental Protection Licence, Development Consents, Management Plan and other regulatory requirements;
- Ensure Council’s electronic waste management system and processes (including weighbridge operations) are carried out in accordance with the approved procedures, regulations and legislation;
- Coordinate the delivery of waste management services to the community in an efficient and cost effective manner, through a service-oriented approach;
- Provide effective leadership of the Waste Services staff including: reviewing performance, providing technical guidance, facilitating development of team goals and priorities, mentoring staff and managing employee matters;
- Maintain and implement strategies and plans for future development of the landfill facility including new cell construction, alternative waste processing options and site rehabilitation; and
- Investigate and project manage the introduction of new technologies, processes and improvements associated with the delivery of waste services and waste stream management practices.
- Proven ability to identify trends and technologies that provide opportunities for improvement in waste management practices;
- Proven experience in contract administration, project management and financial management;
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate and resolve conflict and implement positive changes; and
- Minimum Class C drivers licence.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree qualifications in Environmental/Civil Engineering, Waste Management or other relevant area or demonstrated equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in waste management;
- Demonstrated sound experience in a leadership role, with the proven leadership skills and an ability to foster an environment based on teamwork and cooperation;
Company: Cessnock Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cessnock, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A