Website Central Coast Council
This is a great opportunity for a fully qualified Mechanic (Heavy) to secure employment on the beautiful Central Coast. The role of Mechanic (Heavy) is responsible for the repair, service and maintenance of the Central Coast Council’s varied plant, fleet and equipment in a modern workshop environment.
- Apply the correct maintenance and repair procedures to fleet vehicles and equipment including aquatic, small and large plant, SES and RFS vehicles;
- Perform registration checks on CCC plant and vehicles within required timeframes and ensure all vehicles comply with legislative standards;
- Support the process to ensure adequate supplies and equipment are available within the workshop to allow complete service delivery.
- RMS Vehicle Examiners Certificate – Heavy Vehicle OR willingness to obtain;
- Current Construction General Induction Card or willingness to obtain prior to commencement;
- Current Class MR License or willingness to obtain within a specified period;
- Forklift Licence OR willingness to obtain;
- Certificate III qualification in Heavy Commercial Mechanical Technology or related field, combined with ongoing professional development;
- Current NSW Fair Trading Tradesperson Certificate OR currently in the process of obtaining;
- Demonstrated knowledge of parts and material acquisitions and administration systems for their procurement;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of industry standards, legislative requirements, principles and trends;
- Ability to complete work and deliver according to developed schedules and key business priorities with minimal supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated recent experience in the repair of late model Fleet vehicles and equipment;
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and guidance of apprentices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and recent experience in the use of electronic vehicle asset management systems (Hansen8 or similar), email and other internet applications;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in communicating effectively and exchanging of information both verbally and in writing with staff and other work teams;
Company: Central Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Central Coast, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A