Website Central Coast Council
This is an exciting opportunity to drive innovation in library programs to meet the needs of children and young adults, fostering their participation and engagement in the library community. Central Coast Council is committed to the provision of high quality library programs and services for young people to meet the Central Coast Council (CCC) objective of making the region a place of lifelong learning.
- Provide reader’s advisory, basic instruction and assistance for all ages with particular reference to identifying and promoting available children and youth resources including eResources;
- Provide effective and efficient library assistance at CCC’s Branch Libraries to meet business, educational, informational and recreational needs of the community – with particular regard to assisting the Branch Libraries to provide a range of programs and activities for Children and Youth;
- Work with other members of the Children and Youth Services team to prepare and deliver reader advisory and children and youth programs.
- You hold a current Working with Children Check (or you are willing to obtain prior to any offer of employment).
- You have a passion for delivering a great customer experience using your knowledge of children and youth literature;
- Contemporary library technologies are your strength and you are skilled in assisting others in the application of technology;
- You hold a Diploma of Library and Information Services, or other related field, and bring solid contemporary experience in a similar library role preparing and delivering programs for children and young adults;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
Company: Central Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Central Coast Council Jobs
Application Deadline: N/A