Website Sharaf DG
Category Manager is responsible to lead, strategize, monitor and report on Category performance ( sales, margin, stock holding, Market Share etc ) and flow objectives under the guidance of Category Head.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, making category level strategy and achieving Sales and Margin targets assigned to a particular category
- Keep up to date with the latest retail and category trends about new and innovative products and ways of displaying products
- Work closely with Marketing team to create a marketing strategy for own category and provide all necessary inputs to marketing for the respective category
- Ensure optimum category inventory levels are maintained keeping in mind store requirements as well as working capital constraints, OTB management.
- Ensure category liaison with key internal interfaces such as Product Registration, Vendor Co-ordination, finance reconciliations for the category, Brand level reconciliation for the respective category, and Store teams to ensure category processes and procedures are implemented effectively. Oversee management of all supplier reconciliation, rebates and any disputes.
- Monitor and make recommendations for customer product needs, preferences based on internal survey data and change Product range/ buying patterns within the category
- Ensure assortment are up to date and making timely clearance plan for Ageing and EOL inventory.
- Making weekly/ Monthly category level promotional plans
- To have a close eye on each competition, making counter-strategies to gain market share YOY/ MOM/ WOW
- Lead negotiations on annual contract terms with suppliers to maximize benefits for both Sharaf DG and the suppliers including margins, pricing and volumes, product range, MSL, returns and replenishments, payment terms etc
- Strong Planning and Organizing Skills, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills, Communication Skills, Negotiation & Presentation Skills
Company: Sharaf DG
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A