The Senior Standards Officer (Flight Operations & Flight Crew Licencing) & Senior Standards Officer (Flight Crew Licencing) is responsible for the formulation of policy and the setting and maintenance of standards relating to flight operations and flight crew licensing across relevant civil aviation safety legislation, within their discipline.
- Providing expert and high-quality interpretation, advice and guidance material on CASA’s regulatory requirements and policy relating to flight operations and flight crew licensing
- Preparing and develop drafting instructions and associated consultation material.
- Developing technical and regulatory expertise of other staff within the branch.
- Improving CASA’s knowledge management through quality assurance and trend analysis activities with an added focus on their discipline.
- In relation to flight operations and flight crew licensing standards, providing high level expert advice, undertaking research, drafting reports, making recommendations and preparing proposals and responses.
- Assisting with resolving issues relating to flight operations and flight crew policy.
- Representing CASA, as directed, at various forums both nationally and internationally.
- Promote workplace safety, equity and diversity, participative management and environmental management in the workplace and act in accordance with CASA Values and Behaviours.
- Technical civil or military equivalent qualifications that can be considered relevant to the role (e.g., Flight Examiner Rating, Instructor Rating, Flight Activity Endorsements, Check Pilot approval, etc.).
- High level understanding of flight operations and flight crew licensing regulations, Australia’s Civil Aviation legislation with a focus on flight operations and flight crew licensing and their application in a regulatory environment.
- Highly developed writing skills and demonstrated ability to perform detailed research and present complex findings and technical recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage technical writing projects.
- In addition to the above, the Senior Standards Officer (Flight Operations & Flight Crew Licencing) will have:
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive supervisory experience in civil or military aviation (e.g., checking and training, Chief Pilot, Head of Operations of a Flight Training operator, Flight Examiner) or an equivalent National Aviation Authority.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience and/or capacity to manage professional relationships across an organisation with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at various levels to develop and drive initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex and ambiguous situations systematically.
- Extensive relevant technical experience and qualifications, namely:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A