The position is in the Client Services Centre that provides a range of regulatory service approvals to the aviation community that includes flight crew and maintenance personnel licencing, aviation medicine and aircraft registration. The Maintenance Specialist (Personnel Licensing) works as a member of a team of qualified maintenance specialists, and reports to the Maintenance Personnel Licensing (MPL) Specialist Services Section Manager. You will perform a range of regulatory services in accordance with established CASA practices and procedures; and participate in the development of strategies, policies, processes and procedures specific to the delivery of maintenance personnel licensing related regulatory services. You will work in close collaboration with the Client Services Centre Officers to support the effective processing and approval of aviation licences, certificates, and authorities by way of undertaking technical assessments, and providing sound instructions and guidance.
- Undertake a range of assessment, surveillance, audit, education, or policy work related to maintenance personnel licensing and training, in accordance with documented procedures.
- Making assessments and recommendations and conducting follow up remedial action to correct identified deficiencies as necessary, contributing to an environment of continuous improvement and proactively engaging stakeholders.
- Provide expert advice and technical guidance for this specialist role and apply technical knowledge to assist in policy development of and solving of complex problems.
- Undertake research, including the development and/or implementation of revised policies and practices relating to the activities of the Division and CASA.
- Representing CASA in a variety of internal and industry forums, including:
- Highly developed regulatory knowledge of Australian aviation regulations in relation to maintenance personnel licensing (Part 66) and maintenance personnel training (Part 147).
- Relevant experience within the aviation industry or a National Aviation Authority.
- Demonstrated experience in training and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in Lead Auditing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement in the resolution of complex issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A