The Senior Technical Writer and Editor will support CASA’s safety management activities, including surveillance of aviation industry authorisation holders, by managing and updating a range of procedural and guidance documentation. The role will require active engagement in significant projects as well as smaller initiatives, and identifying, tracking, actioning and keeping records of required document changes. Information that is often complex and technical will need to be effectively communicated through the production of high-quality documentation that effectively supports CASA’s safety management activities.
- Facilitate meetings and small workshops in an operational environment to determine current and future business requirements, as they relate to documentation.
- Establish and maintain internal and external communications channels to facilitate effective consultation.
- Utilises creativity and innovation to assist in the development of training and education activities related to the introduction of changes to CASA’s surveillance activities.
- Any other duties as requested by the section manager.
- Works closely with correspondence team in relation to activities and communications for consistency.
- Responsible for coaching others, providing performance feedback and mentoring.
- Develops and implements work plans and helps set work area priorities.
- Provide expertise across a broad range of activities and support the Branch in the ongoing management of manuals and guidance material, including writing, editing and quality control, for a range of audiences, to support CASA’s surveillance activities.
- Work collaboratively with the Shared Services areas to ensure consistency and high-quality outcomes.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and proactively engages stakeholders with effective and considered communication working collaboratively to deliver business services.
- Promoting workplace safety, equity and diversity, participative management and environmental management in the workplace and act in accordance with CASA’s Values and Behaviours.
- Demonstrated ability in critical analysis, research and interpretation of complex legislation.
- Advanced skills in the use the MS Office suite, in particular MS Word and MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat X.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write technical material for non-technical audiences.
- These are desirable for the role:
- Demonstrated document management using TRIM/RM8 or a similar records management system.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise significant evaluative judgement to deal with unfamiliar circumstances, and/ or sudden changes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in or good understanding of internal auditing practices.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects, managing deadlines, whilst developing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or work experience.
- Experience within the aviation industry including sound knowledge of aviation terminology.
- Significant experience with writing, editing and quality assurance of technical documents, preferably in a government or regulatory environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A