Website Cardinia Council
Join the Infrastructure and Environment business unit as a Civil Maintenance Officer (Street Sweeper/Truck Driver) and maintain Council’s infrastructure in order to provide an effective road network, drainage system, clean streets and a safe travelling environment for all road users.
- Safe and efficient operation of a range of plant associated with maintenance and construction activities, which may include (but not limited to), graders, excavators, tip trucks, backhoes, Flocon, compaction equipment, street sweeper truck and skid steers.
- Perform manual tasks such as lifting, carrying of materials, raking and digging.
- Efficient execution of a wide range of maintenance and construction tasks, usually within the road reserve, including (but not limited to) drainage, unsealed and sealed road maintenance and minor construction, concreting, street furniture installation and maintenance, asphalting, having special regard to safety, customer requirements and cost.
- Carry out regular inspections/checks and minor servicing of any plant or equipment.
- Maintain a “safety first always” mindset including review of site specific hazards, potential risks to select and ensure appropriate safe systems of work and appropriate controls are in place are strictly adhered to at all times, including wearing appropriate.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Hold appropriate licences and certificates/endorsements to operate plant.
- Understanding of hazard identification and the Occupational Health & Safety requirements applicable and risks associated to specific tasks performed.
- Have a current Victorian Driver Licence with Heavy Combination Truck Endorsement (or heavy rigid truck licence and be prepared to obtain heavy combination within 6 months of commencement).
- Have knowledge and experience in the safe operation of plant equipment.
- Ability to follow work schedules utilising electronic devices such as hand-held tablets.
Company: Cardinia Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardinia, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A