Website Campbelltown Council
We have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Collections Officer to work with the Head of Curatorial to manage the Arts Centres Contemporary Visual Arts collection.
We are looking for someone with vision, expertise and strong networks to make a significant contribution so Campbelltown Arts Centre can continue to be a leader in the region producing high quality community engaged artist led programming.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including grant applications and acquittals
- Understanding of budgeting in relation to collection management.
- COVID-19 Vaccination or Medical Contraindication Certificate upon commencement.
- Commitment to role modelling our values of respect, integrity, trust, teamwork and optimism.
- Demonstrated record of collection based curatorial projects and a strong working knowledge of Contemporary art
Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Museums studies and/or extensive job related experience as a Registrar or Collections Manager, including experience working in exhibitions, curating and public programs
- Substantial experience in undertaking and analysing research to develop the collection.
- Experience in all aspects of collections management including: storage, display and handling of art objects, the development and maintenance of the official records of the collection and the development and management of touring exhibitions and loans (both inward and outward)
Company: Campbelltown Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Campbelltown, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A