Website Cairns Regional Council
- The installation and dismounting displays from exhibitions.
- Restoring gallery walls, plinths and other fittings after exhibitions.
- Perform technical duties as directed by the Curator and The Technical and Operations Coordinator.
- Operate and maintain all technical equipment, facilities and systems as required
- Construct arts sets / theatrical / props and properties as required.
- Maintaining stock and storage of gallery equipment and supplies.
- Framing and un-framing works on paper.
- Maintaining safe process for handling artworks and equipment.
- Set up and take down of furniture and equipment for exhibition launches.
- Photo-document exhibitions and artworks.
- Handle sales of artworks.
- Work as an integral part of the whole Cultural Services team to improve customer service & viable productivity.
- The ability to teach tasks and supervise small teams of volunteers
- A positive and friendly disposition
- Strong attention to detail
- A keen interest in the Art industry
- A ‘good eye’ for design and spatial acuity
- Demonstrated experience in displaying visual art
- Experience undertaking manual tasks and experience in using hand tools
- Demonstrated reliability and a proactive approach to tasks
- High standards of preparation and presentation of exhibitions
- The ability to communicate with a broad range of people
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork
Company: Cairns Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A