Website Cairns Regional Council
This is your opportunity to join the Tanks Arts Centre team in a multi-award-winning venue, working on a wide range of events including live music, gallery launches, corporate dinners, community markets, theatre shows and festivals.
The Tanks Arts Centre is situated in the Cairns Botanic Gardens precinct, just 4km north of the city’s CBD. The centre is an iconic and innovative multi-use, contemporary arts facility housed in three converted World War 2 naval oil storage tanks and set amidst a lush rainforest backdrop.
The Tanks combines two main functions, that of a ‘presenter’ organisation offering a range of arts and cultural events and activities to a wide audience, and also as a community cultural development organisation which aims to proactively engage local communities in cultural expression and participation.
- A high level of demonstrated operational competency in arts and entertainment production, including lighting, audio and stage mechanics.
- A sound demonstrated understanding of production requirements of the performing arts and entertainment industry and a demonstrated flair for creative production designs (lighting, audio and mechanical).
- Certificate III in Live Production, Theatre and Events (Technical Operations) or ability to obtain.
- Extensive industry experience and operating skills in audio, lighting and/or vision systems.
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence (or ability to obtain).
- A demonstrated commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Sound verbal communication skills and ability to interact with a broad range of clients, colleagues and contractors of different cultural backgrounds.
Company: Cairns Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A