Website Byron Shire Council
If you are considering looking for an exciting opportunity then this may be the role for you. We have passion and enthusiasm and are looking for like-minded people to join us on our journey.
The successful candidate will meet all the criteria set out in the Position Description for the role and importantly will have the skills and experience to deliver action from Council’s Biodiversity Conservation Strategy, Pest Animal Management Plan, Flying Fox Camp Management Plan and Agricultural Action Plan.
- Contribute to corporate goals and harmony by accepting responsibility for own work, participating in a positive manner and contributing to workplace change.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and effective and enjoyable work
practices and relationships
- Implement the Byron Shire Pest Animal Management Plan.
- Implement the Byron Shire Flying Fox Camp Management Plan.
- Assist in implementation of the Byron Shire Agricultural Action Plan.
- Assist in implementation of the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy.
- Provide technical advice, support and information on a board range of natural resource management issues relating to terrestrial and aquatic environments.
- Coordinate and undertake key stakeholder engagement and education activities associated with the aforementioned plans and strategies, including the Flying Fox Project Reference Group.
- Successfully manage a diverse range of environmental projects arising from actions in
Council’s plans and resolutions, and where applicable work collaboratively on joint regional
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in natural resource management and ecology, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in working with rural land managers in the development and delivery of sustainable environmental management.
- Demonstrated experience in development and delivery of pest animal management programs.
- Experience developing education and communication material and reports and strategies.
- Experience in writing grant funding applications and in delivering and reporting on grantfunded projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A