We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented and compassionate individual to join our Communication and Events team, and actively prepare a range of materials that promote bush fire recovery and resilience operations and activities of Council through various internal and external communication mediums.
As the Communications Officer (Recovery & Resilience), you will develop, implement and lead a communication strategy to support the ‘Bega Valley Accelerated Recovery Through Targeted Resourcing’ program and proactively work with relevant areas to identify stories. You will lead the development of a podcast series to educate businesses on financial support avenues and provide strategic and tactical communication advice and support.
- Advanced research skills including proficient interviewing skills.
- Highly developed writing skills suitable for publication to media
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the media, internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills including use of social media
- Photographic skills suitable for publication to media
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bega Valley Shire, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A