Website City of Busselton
The City of Busselton, located in the picturesque south west coastal region of WA, offers an enviable lifestyle and the opportunity to be involved in providing positive outcomes for the region’s growing community.
Working as part of the South West Regional Waste Group, the focus of this Project Officer role is to pursue potentially viable options around Alternative Waste Treatment technologies to improve resource recovery and decrease landfill reliance.
Busselton based and reporting to the City’s Director, Engineering and Works Services (on behalf of participating South West Local Government Authorities) this role will play a critical part in the promotion and advancement of a regional, multi-LGA collaborative Waste Management Strategy.
- Diverse technical background in waste management principals and technologies, with the ability to fully consider options and provide accurate professional advice and recommendations;
- Demonstrate experience in the delivery of waste management and/or resource recovery projects;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to develop persuasive presentations and provide clear direction on complex issues;
- Experience in Local Government goods and services procurement processes, and applying, administering and acquitting grant funding on complex projects;
- Ability to manage a diverse range of projects and activities concurrently;
- Developed conflict management and negotiation capabilities;
- Advanced editorial and editing skills to articulate priorities and viewpoints to community and stakeholders
Company: City of Busselton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Busselton, Western Australia, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A