Website Burdekin Shire Council
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant. Council is seeking applications for an Administration Officer to provide administration support to the Environment and Health Section and to the Manager Environmental and Health Services. This is a full-time position however applications for part-time employment will be considered.
- Record all Infringements issued, monitor payments and submit unpaid fines to SPERS (State Penalty Enforcement Registry Services).
- Maintain record of Lagoon Maintenance Programmes (Aquatic Weeds) and issue invoices to participants annually.
- Provide financial administrative advice and support relevant to the work area to senior and subordinate officers within the Section, including raising purchase orders and delivering.
- Process and maintain all licences including raising the licence, coordinating renewal notices, monitoring payments and issuing the licence.
- Accept and coordinate the processing of applications and permit fees, ensuring that the applications are completed with sufficient detail to satisfy Council’s requirement and all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Follow up and process miscellaneous queries and requests relating to swimming pools and caravan parks.
- Raise invoices for the disposal of waste at landfill and transfer stations and process weekly transfer station banking.
Company: Burdekin Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ayr, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A