Website Burdekin Shire Council
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
- Lead the business, cultural and financial planning for the venues at both strategic and operational level including budget development, financial and operational reporting.
- Lead the development and implementation of the artistic performance and events programs including partnerships with local groups and joint ventures.
- Manage the financial, physical and human resources associated with the venues in accordance with Council’s governance processes.
- Actively develop partnerships with local non arts organisations, groups and business to support the growth, development of activities and involvement of the community at the venues.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with local groups, arts industry organisations, artists and other performing arts centres in the region, state, including national arts organisations to enhance the reputation of the complex and its place in enhancing cultural outcomes for the Burdekin community.
- Lead the development of educational programs including projects, tours, training of community volunteers and partnerships.
- Administer the operational running of the Burdekin Showgrounds including routine maintenance, bookings and general enquiries.
- Tertiary qualifications in Arts management and administration, or related field.
- Extensive experience in managing or operating a cultural facility / programs.
- Experience in customer liaison and delivery of high-level customer service.
- Local Government experience.
- Responsible Management of Licenced Venues certificate.
- C Class Drivers’ licence.
- First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Queensland Working with Children Blue Card
Company: Burdekin Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ayr, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A