Website Bundaberg Regional Council
Your role as a Relief Neighbourhood Centre Support Officer is to assist in the operation of the activities in the Childers Neighbourhood Centre and Gin Gin Neighbourhood Centre in a casual relief capacity. To provide Community Development Support, quality customer service and administration. The employee will support the delivery of programs, projects and events facilitated by the Centres.
- Meet deadlines and achieve defined outcomes.
- Work under limited supervision; with experience, the incumbent may be given limited freedom to plan and set outcomes.
- Follow directions of supervisory staff.
- It is expected that the incumbent undertakes other reasonable duties and tasks requested by Management within the incumbents capabilities, including additional duties as required during periods of absence of other staff.
- Demonstrated high level ability to develop and implement community projects/ events.
- Sound interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and present a customer focused approach to people at all levels within the public and private sectors.
- Positive Notice Blue Card for Child Related Employment (Commission of Children and Young People and Child Guardians) or ability to acquire same.
- Current “C” Class driver’s license is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to provide confidential client focused quality administration support with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Understanding of or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of community development principles, community engagement techniques, financial management and public relation skills in order to implement community development projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with working with the whole of community with a community service focus.
- Experience and/or Qualifications in Community Development, Community Services; Human Services, Social Work and/or behavioural/social sciences.
Company: Bundaberg Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bundaberg, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A