Website Brisbane City Council
The Graduate Transport Planner will be involved in helping deliver the goals of the Transport Plan for Brisbane through development of the long-term active transport network plan, implementation of this plan and providing technical advice on transport matters. This role sits within a small and close-knit team of people passionate about providing more transport options for the Brisbane’s residents and visitors alike.
This is a great opportunity to learn and develop your transport planning skills alongside team members with long-term active public and active transport experience. We welcome candidates to apply with an interest in developing their career, previous transport experience is not a mandatory requirement for this role.
- Taking ownership and developing the public and active transport network plans
- Scoping exciting new projects and working with Council and other stakeholders to deliver them for the people of Brisbane
- Delivering works to enhance the active transport experience including end of trip facilities, signage and other infrastructure
- Involvement in providing practice public and active transport technical advice on major projects, including Brisbane Metro, Cross River Rail and Queen’s Wharf Brisbane
- Communicating with customers on matters relating to public and active transport.
- Work autonomously in a dynamic team environment
- Have transport planning knowledge in relation to public and active transport modes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in research, data analysis and management
- Apply tertiary knowledge and learnings to effectively assist with consultation
- Communicate/negotiate with stakeholders on transport planning issues
- Manage projects to be completed on time and within budget.
Company: Brisbane City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A