We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to assess the impact of development on BVSC’s public infrastructure by ensuring infrastructure and assets are designed, approved and constructed in accordance with required standards.
As the Development Engineer, you will provide technical engineering advice and assess engineering referrals for development applications in order to recommend appropriate conditions of consent. You will attend to and respond to enquiries whilst also providing instructions to contractors and assisting the Senior Development Engineer.
- Experience in the inspection and certification of civil works or extensive experience in the construction of civil works.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with customers.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of legislation relating to engineering aspects of planning laws, related Local Government legislation, the Roads Act, survey practice and BVSC policies and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills including in the operation of MS Office programs, engineering and mapping software applications.
- NSW Work Health and Safety General Construction Induction (White Card)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bega Valley Shire, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A