Website Bayside Council
Our Aged and Disability Team have multiple opportunities for Qualified Community Care Workers to join their committed and passionate Aged and Disability Team.
You must have strong communication and relationship-building skills to succeed in this role and a good understanding of the needs of frail older people, those with disabilities and their carers. This role requires a keen eye for detail, excellent prioritisation skills to ensure that tasks are complete within rostered hours and the ability to work in physically demanding situations
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and enjoyment in undertaking a range of practical household duties and personal care tasks.
- The ability to follow approved guidelines in relation to the range and nature of duties to be undertaken.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients and their families and be responsive to their needs.
- Empathy with older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
- Excellent prioritising skills that ensure tasks are completed within the rostered hours whilst adapting to change within the day as required.
- ability to work in physically demanding situations.
- Confidence in using technology such as mobile phones and tablet devices.
- Hold a current Victorian driver’s licence and have access to your own vehicle.
- Be able to evidence an up to date Covid-19 vaccination certificate before commencement
Company: Bayside Council
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Bayside, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A