Website Bathurst Council
Bathurst Regional Council currently has an exciting opportunity available to join the Strategic Planning team as a Senior Strategic Planner. The position of Senior Strategic Planner will undertake strategic planning activities to manage the future growth and change of the Bathurst region,
- The preparation of planning proposals and development controls to ensure Council’s planning controls achieve best practice, excellence in urban design and remain up to date.
- The preparation and implementation of strategic landuse and planning projects in accordance with relevant statutes, regulations and Council policies.
- Ongoing review of Council’s developer contribution plans.
- The provision of planning advice to Council and to developers and the public.
- The management of external consultants in the delivery of strategic planning projects.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation, initiative and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Related qualifications in local government management, heritage conservation or environmental management
Qualification & Experience:
- Local Government town planning experience in development assessment and strategic planning.
- Previous experience in urban and subdivision design.
- Previous experience in heritage assessment and management.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and experience in community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis, problem solving and report writing.
- 3 to 5 years town planning experience in the NSW Planning system.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of strategic landuse planning projects and land use planning controls.
- Experience in developer contribution planning.
- Experience in project management and the management of external consultants.
Company: Bathurst Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bathurst, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A