The Visitor Services Administration Officer is required to contribute and communicate effectively within a large and diverse team including volunteers, colleagues and external stakeholders alike. Under general direction from the Visitor Services Manager, this role is responsible for the ongoing administration, coordination and rostering of approximately 100 volunteers. The volunteers contribute to the public programs across a 7-day week within the Memorial’s Commemoration and Visitor Engagement Section
- Negotiating workable alternates when scheduling conflicts exist or when resources are pressured
- Ensuring constructive planning to achieve Memorial objectives within a performance management framework
- Contributing positively within the CVE section as well as the wider Memorial by providing information and advice surrounding volunteer services and tours, and apply people management strategies in accordance with APS values.
- Providing a wide range of administration and office support tasks including but not limited to, calendar management, drafting email and written correspondence, booking rooms/venues and assist with reporting and section purchasing utilising TechnologyOne (Financial Management Information System) and SharePoint (Content Management System)
- Working collaboratively as part of the wider CVE section in support of the Memorial Redevelopment Program.
- Coordinating the delivery of volunteer training, rostered tours, functions and events.
- Providing efficient and responsive communications to internal and external stakeholders ensuring concise, polite and professional standards that build and maintain strong working relationships
- Booking, modifying or cancelling tickets on behalf of VIP’s, groups or visitors over the phone and via email
- Scheduling and releasing new sessions weekly for online and on-site tickets
- Setting session ticketing capacity weekly and as requir
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A