As the Director, IT Strategy & Architecture you will report directly to the Assistant Commissioner, Digital Technology Branch (Chief Information Officer) and will be key member of the Digital Technology Branch management team.
In this role you will play a critical role in ensuring the service experience for internal staff and external stakeholders are of a high standard with a particular focus on identifying AEC’s strategic ICT needs, along with developing and implementing strategies to meet those needs and ensuring that ongoing ICT service delivery facilitates the achievement of AEC’s business objectives.
You will be responsible for delivering high quality outcomes against the following key priorities: providing in-depth knowledge and expert advice on the complex issues relating to enterprise architecture and other functions of the Branch, identification of innovation and business improvement strategies and make recommendations for the strategic direction of their area of responsibility, leading the development and refinement of the AEC Enterprise Architecture, coordinating all Enterprise Architecture activities (applications and infrastructure, internally and public cloud provisioned), assisting in aligning business and enterprise initiatives with the Enterprise Architecture, and auditing the compliance within the Enterprise Architecture standards and alignment with AEC goals.
- Ability to analyse data and prepare executive briefings, reports and plans to identify strategic and tactical opportunities for the Branch to improve ICT and service delivery capabilities.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate strategic outcomes and manage diverse stakeholder relationships across a geographically dispersed network.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strategic relationships with internal and external networks, liaising with stakeholders to address their needs and presenting the AEC view on highly complex and/or sensitive issue, working to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to drive a culture of innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff while developing capabilities and embedding professionalism.
- Proven ability to proactively establish priorities and manage risk to ensure the delivery of successful electoral events.
- Provide high quality and timely advice, guidance and reporting to Branch leadership and the Senior Executive cohort including, Executive Leadership Team and the Electoral Commissioner in relation to section/branch functional responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in providing high-level analysis and advice on the management, implementation and development of highly available infrastructure platforms.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology (or equivalent technical experience, cyber security, project management and a minimum of five years in the field.
- Proven experience in developing and gaining executive approval of ICT Strategies and Business Plans, including ensuring regular reviews and updates to strategies and plans so that they align with emerging business needs and constraints.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture environment and software development highly desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A