Website Australian Federal Police
Forensic team members contribute to the achievement of business, investigation and intelligence outcomes through the provision of specialist forensic examinations and analysis or specialist technical intelligence skills. The role may also provide broad technical support including research and development.
- Providing accurate forensic and technical intelligence advice to domestic and international clients;
- Generating, supporting and implementing improvement strategies and change management;
- Managing the research, planning, delivery and coordination of projects as determined by the relevant stakeholders in accordance with the agreed requirements, timeframes and budget; and,
- Organising, planning and conducting forensic examinations, and analyses (including technical analyses) into crime and serious incidents;
- Providing accurate, timely and impartial forensic evidence to the courts;
- Maintaining currency in subject matter and training expertise through ongoing professional development and learning opportunities outside the formal education process.
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Experience working in a NATA accredited laboratory, or under an internationally-recognised quality system;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage and negotiate with investigators and other stakeholders.
- Have a demonstrated capacity to learn technical or scientific concepts;
- Relevant tertiary qualification or extensive experience and knowledge in Forensic Science or a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performing team.
Company: Australian Federal Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A