An Investment Analyst plays an important role in the proactive identification of and research for US companies seeking to establish or expand their business in Australia. Austrade is looking for someone with strong research skills, pipeline development and company targeting for our Investment Directors. Additionally, the ability to interpret data, understand market trends and effectively communicate both for drafting reports and preparing a presentation, are core capabilities in this role.
- Undertake corporate analysis to understand their decision-making processes and growth strategies
- Monitor and assess key business and sectoral trends as well as significant commercial developments in the US
- Prepare detailed presentations and materials for individual companies which present a compelling value proposition for investment
- Contribute to the delivery of investment objectives outlined in the Austrade Business Plan
- Within assigned priority sectors, identify, target and attract major US enterprises and fast growing start-ups to invest in Australia
- Work with colleagues across the Americas network to provide research and reports responding to investment enquires, promotional campaigns and company targeting
- Support Business Development Managers across the Americas network to assist Australian companies enter the US market by conducting research and populating target lists
- Apply Austrade business practices and maintain accuracy of information in all Austrade Business Systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and effective relationship management
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Americas and contribute to a positive working environment by living Austrade’s values; Generosity of Spirit, Innovation, Transparency and Collaboration.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A