We are looking for creative and enthusiastic people to lead user research as part of the design and delivery of Austrade’s new digital client services. As a User Researcher you will work closely with Product Managers and designers to ensure prioritisation of work to meet the needs of users. You may be required to work in more than one different but related digital teams. You will build a deep understanding of our users and their behaviour, providing insight to the team about how users interact with products and services. You will plan and lead research sessions with real users and create actionable insights to guide work. Delivering a core function of the User Researcher role in identifying and understanding the right research questions to answer and the best research method to use to support decision making both within the team and to inform strategy. You will be a strong team player, who values agile ways of working and Human Centred Design (HCD). Demonstrated by working openly and collaboratively.
- Continue to build your capability and practice, keep informed of industry developments and maintain industry networks.
- Plan, run and report on user research. Analyse outcomes, distil insights, and create design artefacts to communicate research findings. Convert insights into product requirements that can inform solution exploration and development.
- Showcase methods, insights and conceptual designs to colleagues, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and senior executive.
- Develop an understanding of business requirements and create artefacts to communicate relationships between technology, processes, policy, and people.
- Design critical services for large organisations and/or government within a fast-paced Agile working environment.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative user research at the discovery, alpha, beta and live phases of design.
- Apply subject matter expertise to establish and lead HCD and agile ways of working as part of a Multidisciplinary team (MDT). Build understanding and capability of user research and HCD within the MDT and more broadly across the organisation.
- Undertaking ‘T’ shaped human centred design tasks more broadly including user experience design, service design or interaction design. For example, use design systems, tools, and software, including content management systems, Adobe XD and online collaboration tools.
- Maintain, or develop, knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A