Website Australia Post
As our General Manager – Project Services Office, you’ll be responsible for the tracking, reporting, resourcing, and funding of projects and major initiatives from a Customer Experience & Digital Technology perspective – either led by CX&DT or those projects that CX&DT provide significant resources to – you will have a mandate to drive project efficiency, particularly in the use of resources both internal and external, and the application of standardised business project methodologies and practices. We like to think of this role as having a similar nature to an air traffic controller (Control Tower) who manages take offs and landings, movement around the airspace and airport to ensure that operations run smoothly and planes avoid each other’s flight path.
- Lead the PSO to ensure governance, consistency and benefits realisation for the CX&DT agenda
- Drive customer-centricity and advocacy across all business units through customer-centric mindsets, skills, work methods and reward mechanisms
- Develop and support methodologies and frameworks for Enterprise Projects that are enabled through CX&DT (including best practice, knowledge management and lessons learned) to ensure consistency and standardisation of processes and outputs
- Lead demand / capacity planning and project life cycle and cyclical activity for CX&DT
- Lead the coordination of cross-functional activity across CX&DT and the enterprise, and manage dependencies and conflicts across programs of work
- Set direction and manage frameworks, processes, systems, and results to deliver positive strategic and operational benefits associated with business efficiency initiatives & programs, change management and transformation plans, integration programs and service level agreements.
- Drive the efficient use of capital and resources to deliver large-scale projects using lighter-weight methods.
- Understanding the governance, regulatory and compliance requirements associated with project delivery within a large complex organisation; Strategic planning and development
- Highly developed ability to negotiate at a senior level on a wide range of issues and subjects
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in overseeing a number of programs of varying scope, complexity and challenge running simultaneously in a large complex business unit or organization
- Proven experience in leading large functions within a matrix structure or complex change programs. Capable of building a compelling cross-functional case for change
- Extensive experience in a management role at a senior level within a large and complex organisation
Company: Australia Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A