As part of ASIC’s Markets Group, Market Supervision regulates market intermediaries, including market participants, investment banks, securities dealers and issuers of OTC products, and seeks to ensure fair and efficient financial markets by undertaking surveillances of Australia’s listed and over the counter (OTC) markets.
- Proactively identify emerging risks and harms and develop strategies to address them
- Identify opportunities to enhance surveillance capabilities and practices
- Identify and undertake complex analysis to investigate market misconduct and take action for breaches of the law
- Provide subject matter advice on regulatory issues relating to derivative markets
- Maintain relationships with market intermediaries, market operators, and other regulators
- Participate in multi-skilled project teams, actively sharing information and knowledge.
- You have a relevant tertiary or have extensive relevant work experience within the Markets industry.
- You have a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues in wholesale fixed income, currencies and/or commodities markets. Experience within a trading, risk or compliance function within a financial services firm or regulator is an advantage. To be successful, you require a thorough understanding of ASIC’s role in administration of the Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act and Australian Financial Services License conditions.
- Your ability to provide strategic and technical advice on matters relating to the conduct and regulation of markets and intermediaries will be highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A