The Management Accounting and Business Partnering team provides financial information to business managers including financial reporting and analysis to improve decision making and support budgetary control of all activities undertaken. The Finance team provides a range of financial support and analysis services to all of ASIC internal stakeholders.
- Provide advice to business teams on a range of financial and performance issues and support them in development of business cases and understanding of processes
- Act as a single point of contact between Business teams/Groups and ASIC Finance to provide accurate, reliable and timely financial reporting and commentary which meets the needs of both parties.
- Assist with month end / year end closing activities by providing information on accruals, correcting journal and coordinating information between management accountants and business as required
- Develop strong working relationships with senior executives and line managers of business units assigned to your area of responsibility
- Liaise regularly with the business teams to provide overview of financial and business performance across capex and opex expenditure and revenue to enhance understanding of activity drivers and identify trends and suggest options for resolution of any related issues
- Ability to provide specialist advice, guidance and interpretation on key accounting concepts, policies and procedures to line managers.
- A qualification in Business, Commerce or Finance.
- A CPA or CA qualification or working towards the completion.
- Analytical skills with the ability to organise, analyse and disseminate financial information with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in managing projects within timelines.
- Extensive finance business partnering experience, partnering with senior managers to deliver timely and accurate financial, budget and forecasting advice.
- Demonstrated experience in public or private sector management accounting, budget or forecasting practices.
- Experience at analysing complex financial and management accounting information and simplifying the information for business users.
- Experience with delivering insightful reporting and analysis of financials from large ERP systems such as PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, Power BI.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A